Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bye Bye Binky

So as of June 14th Paetyn is Binky FREE!! Yeah she was never attatched to a binky when she was first born and did not care for one up until about 6 months and all of a sudden came attatched and even more when she ever got sick and us as parents seeing Paetyn so sad when she was sick allowed her to have it all day so we could all get through the day... This last Sat we went to dinner with some friends at the Rain Forest Cafe and I got talking with Brittany about Binkys and she said with her boy the binky happend to break and when he saw it was broken he no longer wanted it.. So yesterday I got the idea of cutting it up and putting it on the ground and letting Paetyn find it.. She is coming up on 18 months and Ryan and I wanted her to get off of it so today was the day! So I cut it and put it on the ground within 5 mintues she spotted it and hurry and grabbed it and put it in her mouth and out it came it fell on the ground and she looked puzzeled!! I looked at her and said Uh Ooh it's broken.. She said "Broken." I said yup it's broken but that's okay because Paetyn is a big girl and she does not need a binky hu?? She said nothing and went on her way.. I kept it on the floor to remind her every time she saw it that it was broken! Every time she saw it she would put it in her mouth but it would fall out!! She did fine with out it last night and we shall see about today but she has not asked for it like she usually does all day long lol! Good Job My Big Girl Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you:)

2 comments:

Mary and Matt Sumsion said...

Don't you love being Binky free?! It's so sad at first, but it's so nice when you aren't always looking for one to shut them up!

Mindy Thomas said...

That was a clever idea! It worked even. Good job Paetyn, Your such a big girl!