Sunday, March 13, 2011

Update on Our Little Guy 3-11-11

So today I went for my first stress test not worried at all just thinking we would go in and they would monitor the baby & I and would be out of there at an hour at the most! I was going to go by myself because I did not think it would take long nor did I think there was going to be any problems & Paetyn is sick and thought Ryan would just watch her while I went! Well Ryan decided to get his mom to watch Paetyn so he could go with me... So off we went & got all checked in and it took about 20 min just to get Ashton's heart beat because he just kept moving all over the place! Finally me moving over to my right side seemed to help and we got a strong heart beat and he stayed in place there! Well about a hour into sitting there waiting the nurse came in and told us that his heart beat was moving up and down so much they could not get a Base line for his heart so they were going to keep me until 5pm when my Dr could make it to the hospital to come check the situation out! Well it was 3 pm at this point which meant we still had another 2hrs left. Well I needed to do a AFI test but the nusre did not want me up walking to the Radiology room because of Ashton's unexplainable base line so they were going to have Radiology come into my room and do the AFI test which is to measure my Amniodic Fluid and other measurments! Another nurse came in and said looks like your baby has setteled down and we were able to get a good base line so they were going to send me to Radiology but then they happened to show up so we just did the test there in my room! At the end of the test she mentioned to us that it looks like your amniotic fluid has dropped.... She said good luck to us and the nurse would be in to talk to us after they showed the results to them. So as we wait there so concerned the nurse comes in and says well it looks like since your Radiology app on Wed two days ago your amniotic fluid has dropped from a 8.6 to a 5.4. She said 8.6 is average but anything below a 5 is not good at all and they will induce at that point! She said we are getting a hold of your Dr right now to find out what she would like to do from here now that the baby is fine now we have this problem with your amniotic fluid! She said she would be in as soon as they speak to my Dr! I called my mom to let her know what was going on and that we could be having our little boy today and they may keep me! Then at that moment the nurse came in and I hung up with my mom and she said ok sounds like we are going to release you but your Dr is on the phone with you & wants to talk with you. So I talked with our Dr and she just reviewed with us kinda what has been happening making sure we understood it all and said that she wants me to take it easy this weekend and relax and drink lots of water and come in on Monday and have another AFI test done and a Stress test done and if my Amniotic fluid test comes back lower then a 5 then we will go ahead and start the delivery process! So here we are Sunday night & I have packed all our things and gotten everything ready for our little Boy just in case they do decide to induce me tom! I have so much on my mind... So curious, concerned, scared,excited, worried and nervous. So many feelings about all this and just would like to get in there for the app to make sure all is well and do what is going to be best for you! Love you & will try & write soon.

1 comments:

Mindy Thomas said...

I am sure your mind is going a mile a minute. Just relax. Your appointment will be here before you know it! I love you and I am here if you need to talk.